The Story of Noodle Nose NHL, Plus an Outback Giveaway!
Often times, when we’re talking to NHL, we’ll call him “Noodle Nose.” Many people might think that this is a weird name to call your kid, but there’s really a funny story behind it.
When NHL was almost a year old, we went to a local Italian restaurant for my birthday. NHL was starting to eat solid foods, so we gave him some of our pasta to try. He, of course, loved it.
All during the dinner, NHL kept sneezing. At first, we thought that something was bothering him in the restaurant. B and her mother can be sensitive to perfumes and other fragrances. Perhaps, we thought, someone at a nearby table has perfume on that is bothering his nose. The only problem with this theory, though, was that we couldn’t smell anything.
As the dinner, wound to a close, NHL let out a tremendous sneeze and something flew from his nose. Something that solved the meal-time sneezing mystery. It was one of my fettuccine noodles. Apparently, when he was eating them, a piece of one worked its way from his mouth/throat to his nasal passage. There it lodged. As with any nasal intruder, his body tried expelling it via sneezes until it successfully launched that noodle clear across the table.
From that day on he has been known as Noodle Nose NHL!
You can win a $45 gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse (does not include alcohol, tax and gratuity). To enter, simply leave a comment below answering this question: What kind of food do you like eating out with your kids?
You can also earn bonus entries by doing any (or all) of the following items. Just be sure to leave a separate comment for each item that you complete. (Don’t just leave one comment listing everything you did.)
- Follow @TechyDad on Twitter. (1 bonus entry)
- Follow Outback Steakhouse on Twitter. (1 bonus entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter. Be sure to include @TechyDad, @Outback and a link to this post in the Tweet. (1 bonus entry per day) For example: Share some dinner memories with your kids thanks to @TechyDad and @Outback #Giveaway http://bit.ly/l84cih
- Subscribe to my RSS feed or let me know if you already are. (1 bonus entry)
- Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts from June/July. Leave a comment here letting me know which post you commented on. (1 bonus entry per comment, maximum 3 entries)
- Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway. Leave 3 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries. (3 bonus entries)
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today, June 28th and ends at Noon EST on July 14th, 2011. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. and Canadian residents.
Disclaimer: This post was written as part of the Outback Steakhouse Dinner With Dad Experience blog tour. I was compensated by Outback with a $45 gift certificate.