Ziploc Review & Giveaway
With school here (and me continuing to bring lunch into work), we’re going to be sending in a lot of lunches and snacks. This means that I’ll be packing a lot of items in either Ziploc bags (which I try to reuse as much as possible to reduce waste) or Ziploc storage containers.
I was sent a Ziploc sandwich bags, slider bags (both Quart Storage and Quart Freezer) and Smart Snap storage containers. All three of these come in handy around the house. The obvious use for the sandwich bags is lunches, but we also use them to help keep small items together. For example, Box Tops For Education which Ziploc, and many other national brands, participate in. Instead of having those clipped box tops lying around (and possibly getting lost), we’ll toss them into a Ziploc bag and keep them all together until they can be sent in to our school. The Ziploc containers come in handy for storing leftovers and transporting them to work for lunches. As a bonus, we toss them in the dishwasher and use them over and over and over. (There’s that Reuse in Reduce-Reuse-Recycle.)
The freezer bags, obviously, get put to use keeping items frozen. I like to take fruit that is heading past its prime (which I know we won’t finish before it spoils), cut it up and stick it in a Ziploc freezer bag. Then, once frozen, it can be used later on for smoothies or other dishes. The Ziploc storage bags are handy for corralling various items around the house (similar to the sandwich bag example above, but bigger items like batteries).
You can find Ziploc brand storage bags and containers in your local supermarket.
Thanks to SC Johnson, one lucky winner will receive a Ziploc prize package containing:
- Ziploc Brand sandwich bags
- Ziploc Brand Freezer slider bags with expandable bottom and smart-zip seal (quart)
- Ziploc Brand Storage slider bags with expandable bottom and smart-zip seal (quart)
- Ziploc Brand Containers with the Smart Snap™ Seal (medium square)
To enter, simply leave a comment below answering this question: What would you store in a Ziploc storage bag or container?
You can also earn bonus entries by doing any (or all) of the following items. Just be sure to leave a separate comment for each item that you complete.
- Follow @TechyDad on Twitter. (1 bonus entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter. Be sure to include @TechyDad, Ziploc and a link to this post in the Tweet. (1 bonus entry per day) For example: What would you store in a Ziploc bag/container? Chance to #win a Ziploc prize package from @TechyDad. http://bit.ly/9ROgV1 #Giveaway
- Subscribe to my RSS feed or let me know if you already are. (1 bonus entry)
- Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts from August/September. Leave a comment here letting me know which post you commented on. (1 bonus entry per comment, maximum 3 entries)
- Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway. Leave 3 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries. (3 bonus entries)
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today, September 20th and ends at Noon EST on October 4th, 2010. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. and Canada residents only.
Disclosure: I received a Ziploc package (containing the products described above) complimentary of SC Johnson in order to facilitate this review. No other compensation was given. The opinions expressed above are my own. SC Johnson is also providing the giveaway item to my readers.